The Toowoomba Central Active Transport Link proposes around 5.8 kilometres of paths for walkers and riders to connect East Creek Cycleway at Margaret Street to the future Highfields Bikeway at the John French VC Bridge on the New England Highway via Toowoomba Regional Council's (TRC) proposed Railway Parklands Precinct.
This planning project involves developing a business case for a significant link in Toowoomba’s Principal Cycle Network between Highfields and Toowoomba.
The preferred route proposes an alternative to facilities on the New England Highway (Ruthven Street), and will use the state-controlled road, local government roads, and rail corridor to create a safe, direct and connected path for active transport users.
Have your say
The project is investigating options for active transport infrastructure that is:
- safe for all active transport users with minimal conflicts with motorised traffic
- a direct, connected and convenient route to minimise journey times
- fit-for-purpose and accessible to people of all ages and abilities
- attractive and enjoyable to encourage more people to ride, walk and wheel more often
- value-for-money and to able to be constructed in the future.
The community is invited to provide feedback on the proposed concept for active transport facilities.
Submissions close 10 December 2023.