Riverway Drive between Allambie Lane and Dunlop Street, Townsville will be upgraded to boost safety, increase capacity and improve traffic efficiency for all road users.
In 2018, the Riverway Drive Duplication Stage 1 project which duplicated Riverway Drive between Gollogly Lane and Allambie Lane has improved efficiency for over 20,000 vehicles per day.
Stage 2 of the project will now see a further 3.1km section of the road improved between Allambie Lane and Dunlop Street Townsville.
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) is seeking community feedback on the proposed design for the Stage 2 upgrade to help deliver the best outcome for the community.
What upgrades are planned?
- Widening of a 1.6km section between Allambie Lane and Hammond Way to four lanes
- New centre median and improvements to right turn lanes at intersections and two lanes (one in each direction) between Hammond Way and Dunlop Street
- Upgrade of Rosewood Avenue and Buunong Avenue intersection to a four-way signalised intersection
- New signals at Yut Fay Avenue and Ponti Road intersections
- Improved on-road and off-road bikeway infrastructure
- Dedicated crossing points for pedestrians and bike riders.
Have your say
You can have your say on the survey and interactive map below and view the proposed design. Your comments will help TMR ensure community feedback is considered as part of the design process.