May Downs Road, pave and seal
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) is undertaking a planning project for further upgrades to May Downs Road. The project will investigate and identify priority areas along the 50km section of unsealed road for future upgrade, including progressive paving and sealing.
As part of the planning phase, the business case is expected to be completed by mid-late 2022.
Isaac River Bridge
A separate planning project has been completed to assess options and inform potential funding opportunities for a future upgrade of the Isaac River Bridge.
Have your say
TMR would like to know your thoughts on the priority areas for sealing work on May Downs Road. You can provide your comments by completing the survey below.
Your feedback will be considered as part of the planning process and will help TMR finalise the business case for this work.
Submissions will close on 19 August 2022.
The following sections of May Downs Road have been identified as priorities for future progressive sealing work:
- Section A – 7.65km section east of Pomegranate Creek
- Section B – 4.65km section west of Towarri Turn-off
- Section C – 5.4km section east of Towarri Turn-off
- Section D – 4.2km section west of Isaac River Bridge
- Section E – 3.3km section north of Isaac River Bridge.