The M1 North Upgrade Program
The M1 North Upgrade Program focuses on improvements to the Pacific Motorway (M1), between the Gateway and Logan Motorways, aimed at reducing travel time and congestion, improving safety and increasing public transport connectivity.
The M1 upgrades are being delivered in a 3-stage rolling program, from north to south, as follows:
|Stage||Project Name||Project Status|
|1||M1/M3 Gateway merge||Completed April 2020|
|2||Eight Mile Plains to Daisy Hill|
|3||Daisy Hill to Logan Motorway|
In planning - preliminary evaluation phase
with the business case due end-2021
* Stage 3A is the focus of this community consultation.
Stage 1: M1/M3 Gateway Merge
Stage 1: M1/M3 Gateway Merge upgrade construction is now complete.
The upgrade included:
- up to 5 southbound lanes on the M1 between Eight Mile Plains and Rochedale South (Exit 19)
- relocation of the existing bus entry from the Eight Mile Plains Bus Station onto the M1
- replacement of the Underwood Road bridge to a new 4 lane overpass
- smart motorway technologies from Klumpp Road to Rochedale Road.
Stage 2: Eight Mile Plains to Daisy Hill
The Eight Mile Plains to Daisy Hill (EMP2DH) upgrade focuses on improvements to 8km on the M1 between the Gateway Motorway and Loganlea Road including:
- Gateway Motorway to Loganlea Road - widening up to 5 northbound lanes
- Rochedale Road to Logan Road - widening to 4 southbound lanes
- South East Busway extension from Eight Mile Plains to Springwood
- New bus station and park 'n' ride at Rochedale
- V1 Veloway extension on the western side of the M1.
Construction package timelines
Package 1: Sports Drive to Gateway M'way
Package 2: Pacific Highway early works
Package 3: Watland Street to Sports Drive
Package 4: Rochedale bus station