Stage 1 Community Reference Group
At the request of a number of key stakeholders, a Stage 1 Community Reference Group (CRG) was established to ensure community members and businesses close to the project can provide input to influence key project negotiables.
The CRG was established in August 2020 and concluded at the end of the business case phase in mid-2021.
CRG meetings were held:
- Meeting 1 - 2 September 2020
- Meeting 2 - 27 November 2020
- Meeting 3 - 23 April 2021.
The objectives of the CRG were to:
- facilitate coordinated meetings between the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) and the community to allow sustainable, well-supported project outcomes
- draw on local knowledge and gain an understanding and sharing of issues in Stage 1
- provide an opportunity for the community to provide input into identified project negotiables.
The Community Reference Group members were:
|Foreshore Coomera estate||Amy Kinnane and Paul Hogan|
|River Cove, Hope Island||Kevin Cornor and Debbi Parker|
|Monterey Keys, Helensvale||Ann Jones|
|The Shores, Helensvale||Mark Hunter|
|The Surrounds, Helensvale||John Pincock and Roy Bekkeli|
|Arundel Springs estate||Stacey Taverna|
|Seachange, Arundel||Brad Read|
|Arundel/Parkwood||Belinda O'Neill and Sean Reid|
|Ashmore (Nerang River precinct)||Glen Thornton|
|Gold Coast Marina & Shipyard||Trenton Gay|
|Gold Coast Suns||Craig Rowston|
|Metricon Stadium||Tim Carey|
|Coomera Conservation Group||Karina Waterman and Nicole Taylor|
|Gecko Environment Council||Lois Levy and Rose Adams|
Mr Al Mucci was the independent facilitator for the CRG. Mr Mucci is a long-term Gold Coast resident who, until recently was the public face of Dreamworld’s wildlife and conservation efforts for the past 15 years. Mr Mucci is a member of the Queensland Government Koala Advisory Council and was the official Indigenous Relationships Manager for the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.
The role of the independent facilitator was to chair CRG meetings, set meeting agendas and to coordinate members.