The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) is planning to upgrade the existing Cannon Hill Shopping Centre bus facility.
This project will upgrade the facility to meet accessibility requirements and improve the safety, amenity and operational efficiency for customers and bus drivers accessing and using this bus facility.
Have your say
TMR sought feedback on the design from residents, businesses and public transport customers in the area.
Submissions closed on 29 November 2022.
The proposed preferred design option to upgrade the existing Cannon Hill bus facility involves:
- upgrading the existing bus facility to meet accessibility requirements (Disability Discrimination Act 1992 compliant) and passenger amenity and bus operational requirements
- formalising the kiss ‘n’ ride facility for Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (DDA) requirements and allowing quick and convenient customer drop-offs
- improving bus facility lighting and CCTV security.
The upgrade will have the following benefits:
- enhance safety for bus customers with new lighting and CCTV equipment
- improve efficiency of bus operations at the bus facility, in particular during peak periods and special events
- ensure compliance with the DDA and Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport 2002 (DSAPT).