The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) has completed a planning study of Beachmere Road between Bribie Island Road, Caboolture and Biggs Avenue, Beachmere to investigate capacity, safety and efficiency of the road and to determine future priorities for upgrade.
TMR has developed a program of works that will improve safety, network efficiency and ride quality along this important link. The upgrades will also contribute to the economy by supporting local jobs and improve connectivity for the community.
Community feedback was undertaken between April and May 2021 with more than 500 pieces of feedback received. Final feedback was welcomed in June and July 2022. TMR would like to thank key stakeholders and community members who shared their thoughts on the road.
Key features of the upgrades
The planning study identified priority improvements to be progressed to detailed design and delivered with the current total overall project funding of $15.275 million allocated for Beachmere Road upgrades.
Improvements to be delivered under the current funding include:
- widening priority sections to provide a 9-metre road width from Jocelyn Street to west of King Johns Creek
- additional line marking to include wide centre line treatment to provide separation between vehicles travelling in opposite directions, reducing the potential for head-on crashes
- Riversleigh Road intersection upgrade to provide a dedicated right-turn lane for east bound motorists
- marina access upgrade to provide a dedicated right-turn lane for east bound motorists
- resurfacing from Jocelyn Street to west of Egan Avenue to improve ride quality.